The aim of this course is to give the basic technical knowledge of build-in fire safety measures in buildings, the legislation and basic knowledge about the products for fire protection of buildings (characteristics, classification, and documentation of conformity).
If this course is not available in your country, please contact with your member training.
Installers of building products. The course will also be of interest to those involved in controlling the installation of building products for fire protection in buildings.
At the end of the course the students will:
• Understand the basics of fire spread in buildings.
• Be aware of the different types of passive fire protection measures.
• Be familiar with the specific regulations and standards related to building products for fire protection of the buildings.
• Be aware of the different types of building products for fire protection of the buildings (products for passive fire protection, fire safety systems and equipment)
• Have a good understanding of the requirements for their application, installation and maintenance.
I BASICS OF FIRE SPREAD IN BUILDUINGS
• Fire triangle
• Fire time/temperature curves
• Influence of building materials, venting, dimensions of the room on the spread of fire
• Basics of passive and active fire protection measures
• Relevant fire safety legislation for building products for fire safety in EU (CPD directive)
• Relevant national legislation for the installation building products
III FIRE PROTECTION ELEMENTS
• Passive Fire Protection:
• Classes of building materials
• Fire rating of walls and doors
• Fire rating of other building products, used for fire protection of buildings
• Isolation; compartment structural protection
• Technical Fire Protection, the connection of Passive and Active fire protection measures:
• Ventilation: Smoke and temperature control
• Fire retardant painting
IV PERIODIC INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE
V INSTALLATION OF CERTAIN PRODUCTS
©CFPA EUROPE 2023