The aim of this course is to give the necessary information for persons who are responsible for the operation and internal end-user’s inspection* of fire detection and alarm systems (FDAS).
If this course is not available in your country, please contact with your member training.
Individuals responsible for FDAS in their premises.
The student will be able to operate the FDAS and to do the periodical internal end user inspections* (e.g. weekly; see rules for FDAS). The student achieves the knowledge for evaluation of frame conditions for the FDAS.
In addition to the training course, the student needs an instruction for operation of the FDAS by the company installing the FDAS with the aim
• Handling of the installed FDAS
• Knowledge of the necessary protection measures in case of deactivation or failure of the FDAS
(* End user inspections should not be mistaken for the professional periodic inspection including function tests as required by national codes and standards which have to be undertaken by certified experts/companies only. Maintenance shall also be carried out only by certified experts/companies.)
• Regulations, applicable standards
• Safety concept, alarm organisation, extent of surveillance
• Basic design and functioning of control and indication equipment (CIE)
• Fire brigade control panel, fire brigade indicator panel, fire brigade key deposit
• Basic principles of fire protection installations
• Examples of influences on the monitoring function of a FDAS
• Functioning of automatic fire detectors
• Basic principles of constructional fire protection
• Application limits of the fire detectors and influences by the use of the area
• External influences
• Protection measures for hazard control in case of deactivation or failure
• Means to maintain the operational readiness
©CFPA EUROPE 2022